Customers can install and configure IRIS in a couple of hours if they wish to host the system internally. Alternatively, IRIS can host the software for you meaning all you need to get up and running is a web-browser and a username.
IRIS has a variety of licensing installation options to suit any environment:
- Host the system in-house or let IRIS host the system (SaaS).
- License Individual Users or Share “Concurrent” Licenses across a team.
- Choose our Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product or enjoy free custom configuration (subject to minimum purchase requirements).
IRIS can be run on a shared server or virtual machine to minimize IT costs:
- Recommended OS – Windows Server All versions from 2008R2 through to 2016
- Recommended DB – SQL Server All versions from 2008R2 through to 2017 (except Compact edition)
- Net Framework v4.5, 4.6 and 4.7
Users simply log in using any major browser including, but not limited to:
- Internet Explorer (v7 and up)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
IRIS Software can be run on a shared server or dedicated server:
- Recommended OS – Windows Server all versions from 2008R2 through to 2016
- Recommended DB – SQL Server all versions from 2008R2 through to 2017 (Any edition except Compact)
- Allow for database growth of 2GB per year per 10,000 active risk items
- CPU – IIS and SQL Server will make full usage of multiple cores so a high core count is preferred over raw clock speed.
- Can be run virtualised if the Host Machine has sufficient resources to support the load
- .Net Framework v4.5, 4.6 and 4.7
For installations of 500 users and above we recommend a minimum of two physical servers with the web server and database server separated.
For smaller scale installations, one physical server or virtual server is acceptable.
 Assumes 100 projects with 100 risks each for 10,000 total active risks/issues/opportunities without Monte Carlo Simulation. Each risk item based on 10 mitigating actions and weekly reviews.
Web Browser -> IIS -> ASP (MVC)-> Entity Framework -> Database
ASP.Net on windows server with MVC and Entity Framework for Data access
Recommended Database server:
- Microsoft SQL Server (SQL Server express is adequate for up to 100 users)
Standard authentication uses a separate database with a different database login and no passwords are stored in the clear.
- Can run over SSL, with it made mandatory if necessary
- Can authenticate with Active Directory if necessary
- Can use third party authentication systems if necessary
Configurable to conform to internal IT policies
- Password validation rules (via Regular Expressions)
- Number of login attempts
- Minimum password length
- Increase complexity by stating number of alpha numeric characters
SQL and Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- No raw SQL is generated when the application is up and running.
- All database access goes through the Entity Framework.
- Input is protected so that potential input is denied that looks similar to SQL and HTML.
- No Java, ActiveX or Flash is used.
Need more details? Contact us
We are here to assist. Contact us by phone, email or via our Social Media channels.